Home of the Tingalpa Trot annual canoe race, the Wynnum Redlands Canoe Club is situated at 2 Railway Pde, Crn The Esplanade, Thorneside, on a beautiful stretch of sheltered waterway. Check the calendar for introductory paddling days and club trips. EVERYONE WELCOME…
- COVID-19 Guidance for Paddlers and Paddle Clubs Mar 26, 2020Paddle Queensland recommend you continue to make yourself aware of information in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and adhere to the below Paddling Guidelines. Friday, 27 March 2020. Dear Paddle Queensland Members and Member Clubs, The following guide is to support our community and ensure exercise and participation in paddling continues to play an integral part […]
- Active and Healthy Programs Suspended Mar 24, 2020COVID-19 As a result of advice from the Australian and Queensland Governments to cease non-essential gatherings and ensure social distancing protocols are applied, Brisbane City Council has suspended all Active and Healthy sessions from tomorrow (25 March) until 30 June 2020. To keep updated on the latest developments for Recreation and Education porgrams please monitor […]
- Pacific Coast Paddle Series Update Mar 21, 2020Races 1 and 2 – POSTPONED To confirm, Races 1 and 2 of the Pacific Coast Paddle Series have been postponed due to COVID-19. To keep up to date on the latest developments regarding the Pacific Coast Paddle Series, please monitor the Pacific Coast Paddle Series and Paddle Queensland Facebook pages, as well as Paddle Queensland’s […]
- Postponement of Races 1 and 2 of the Pacific Coast Paddle Series. Mar 15, 2020Sunday, 15th March 2020 Postponement of Races 1 and 2 of the Pacific Coast Paddle Series. To the Paddling Queensland Community, The whole world is experiencing a unique situation and Queensland is not spared in the face of the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). In view of the situation in this evolving environment, and in line […]
- Casual Guides & Instructors Wanted Mar 4, 2020Paddle Queensland is recruiting casual Guides and Instructors for their recreation programs. Job Description We run programs for local Councils, Schools and Recreation Camps You will need to be outgoing, friendly and prepared to chat to participants You will be required to unload and reload canoes/kayaks, assist with the safety briefing and running the programs Applicants […]
- Canoe Sprint Paddlers Confirmed for Tokyo Olympics Mar 27, 2020Fourteen canoe sprint paddlers have been officially selected to the Australian Olympic Team, becoming the first athletes selected since confirmation of the Games postponement until 2021. Seven athletes will make their Olympic debut, a further six selected for their second Games, and London 2012 gold medallist Murray Stewart making his third Olympic Team. The Australian […]
- Update 3 – 27th March 2020 – Paddling Restrictions, Closures & Event Cancellations Mar 27, 2020
- Tokyo 2020 Officially Postponed Mar 24, 2020It’s official and Tokyo 2020 will be postponed to 2021! While it’s sad, it is the right decision in these unprecedented times! “The goal posts haven’t disappeared – just shifted.” “In the present circumstances and based on the information provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) today, the IOC President and the Prime Minister of […]
- Tasmanian Canoe Club Looking Young After 50 Years Mar 23, 2020Tasmanian Canoe Club celebrates 50 years with a weekend of paddling, including a “retro river trip”. Read a report of the weekend from the club below. The Tasmanian Canoe Club didn’t show its age when it celebrated its 50th birthday with a “Back to Forth” gathering in late February. There was plenty of paddling for […]
- 2019-2020 Australian Canoe Polo Summer Series Wrap Up Mar 23, 2020The 2019-2020 Australian Canoe Polo Summer Series has wrapped up. See below for some images and a summary of the series from the PA Canoe Polo Technical Committee. It has been an exciting season for the 2019-2020 Australian Canoe Polo Summer Series tournaments. Completed over four rounds in the ACT, NSW, SA and VIC, the […]
Marine Incidents Reporting Site
This is a link to a newly established Marine Incidents reporting site. Get as many details as you can of the offending craft and vehicle, then log on ASAP.
Paddle Australia has issued a new document on safety guidelines for recreational paddlers. Please take time to read this very important document. It might just help to save a life, possibly your own.