Home of the Tingalpa Trot annual canoe race, the Wynnum Redlands Canoe Club is situated at 2 Railway Pde, Crn The Esplanade, Thorneside, on a beautiful stretch of sheltered waterway. Check the calendar for introductory paddling days and club trips. EVERYONE WELCOME…
- Approved Aquatic Sport Sector Industry COVID Safe Plan Jun 15, 2020The QSport Aquatic Sports group representing all relevant water sports worked together to facilitate a viable reopening and resumption of aquatic sports across Queensland. Based on the collaboration of the group with input from QSport staff, Queensland Government Sport and Recreation staff and representatives from other aquatic industry groups and stakeholders secured the following: Relaxation […]
- Stage 2 : Return to Play Summary (1st June) May 26, 2020Paddle Queensland, the board of management and technical committees are developing Return to Play strategies in preparation for Stage 3, where normal community sport operation will resume following the most recent advice from the Queensland Government. In preparation for Stages 2 and 3, Paddle Queensland has reviewed and summarised the Restrictions for Sport, Recreation, and […]
- Introducing the Paddle Support Package from Paddle Australia and your State Paddle Association May 13, 2020PADDLERS AND CLUBS TO BENEFIT FROM SUPPORT PACKAGE Paddle Australia and their six State Paddle Associations have worked together to introduce a Paddle Support Package aimed at helping Clubs and Members during the COVID-19 crisis. Launched under the new ‘Paddle Australia – With You On The Water’ branding, the package includes four key elements to […]
- Pacific Coast Virtual Series Apr 19, 2020Dear Paddle Clubs and members, It is my pleasure to present the 2020 Paddle Queensland Pacific Coast Virtual Series. The Series has been developed to support our Paddle Clubs, their members and the wider paddle sports community in these challenging times. The Pacific Coast Virtual Series provides Paddle Clubs with a product to help engage […]
- COVID-19 Guidance for Paddlers and Paddle Clubs (Update 6: 15th May) Mar 26, 2020Paddle Australia Updates Update 6 – 15th May 2020: Guidelines for Paddle Clubs. Paddle Queensland recommend you continue to make yourself aware of information in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and adhere to the below Paddling Guidelines. Tuesday, 19 May 2020. Dear Paddle Queensland Members and Member Clubs, The following guide is to support our community […]
- Sport Integrity Australia Launched Jul 8, 2020New Era For Sports Integrity The launch of Sport Integrity Australia at the start of July heralds a new era for sports integrity in Australia and the world, says Chief Executive Officer David Sharpe. The opening of the new agency completes Stage 1, which draws together the existing Commonwealth Sports Integrity functions of the Australian […]
- Dan Hall Jul 6, 2020Name: Dan Hall DOB: 13/09/1976 National Team: Senior Hometown: Hobart Current Place of Residence: Hobart/Melbourne Club: Fairfield Canoe Club Nickname: Danimal How did you get into paddling? My dad came home from a Scout auction with a kayak on the roof of his car. That a was that. What has been your biggest accomplishment in the […]
- Junior and U23 Canoe Slalom World Champs in Auckland Cancelled – ICF Event Updates Jun 30, 2020Australia’s best young canoe slalom talent will have to wait a little longer to compete against the best in the world, with organisers confirming next year’s ICF Junior and Under-23 Canoe Slalom World Championships in Auckland, New Zealand have been cancelled. The week-long event was due to be held at the Vector Wero Whitewater Park […]
- When the Second Beer Costs You the Race Jun 25, 2020
- Random Tips for Your Next Paddling Trip Jun 25, 2020Whether you’re new to paddling or you’ve been paddling for a while, we’ve put together some random tips and ideas that could change your world 😊 • A flyscreen at the tent door will aid in keeping sand out of the tent. • Talcum powder works a treat to get sand off your feet. • […]
Marine Incidents Reporting Site
This is a link to a newly established Marine Incidents reporting site. Get as many details as you can of the offending craft and vehicle, then log on ASAP.
Paddle Australia has issued a new document on safety guidelines for recreational paddlers. Please take time to read this very important document. It might just help to save a life, possibly your own.