Home of the Tingalpa Trot annual canoe race, the Wynnum Redlands Canoe Club is situated at 2 Railway Pde, Crn The Esplanade, Thorneside, on a beautiful stretch of sheltered waterway. Check the calendar for introductory paddling days and club trips. EVERYONE WELCOME…
- Introducing the Paddle Support Package from Paddle Australia and your State Paddle Association May 13, 2020PADDLERS AND CLUBS TO BENEFIT FROM SUPPORT PACKAGE Paddle Australia and their six State Paddle Associations have worked together to introduce a Paddle Support Package aimed at helping Clubs and Members during the COVID-19 crisis. Launched under the new ‘Paddle Australia – With You On The Water’ branding, the package includes four key elements to […]
- Pacific Coast Virtual Series Apr 19, 2020Dear Paddle Clubs and members, It is my pleasure to present the 2020 Paddle Queensland Pacific Coast Virtual Series. The Series has been developed to support our Paddle Clubs, their members and the wider paddle sports community in these challenging times. The Pacific Coast Virtual Series provides Paddle Clubs with a product to help engage […]
- COVID-19 Guidance for Paddlers and Paddle Clubs (Update 6: 15th May) Mar 26, 2020Paddle Australia Updates Update 6 – 15th May 2020: Guidelines for Paddle Clubs. Paddle Queensland recommend you continue to make yourself aware of information in relation to Coronavirus (COVID-19) and adhere to the below Paddling Guidelines. Tuesday, 19 May 2020. Dear Paddle Queensland Members and Member Clubs, The following guide is to support our community […]
- Active and Healthy Programs Suspended Mar 24, 2020COVID-19 As a result of advice from the Australian and Queensland Governments to cease non-essential gatherings and ensure social distancing protocols are applied, Brisbane City Council has suspended all Active and Healthy sessions from tomorrow (25 March) until 30 June 2020. To keep updated on the latest developments for Recreation and Education porgrams please monitor […]
- Pacific Coast Paddle Series Update Mar 21, 2020Races 1 and 2 – POSTPONED To confirm, Races 1 and 2 of the Pacific Coast Paddle Series have been postponed due to COVID-19. To keep up to date on the latest developments regarding the Pacific Coast Paddle Series, please monitor the Pacific Coast Paddle Series and Paddle Queensland Facebook pages, as well as Paddle Queensland’s […]
- ICF updates events for 2020 and 2021 May 19, 2020The International Canoe Federation has released an updated event calendar for the remainder of 2020, and a provisional calendar for 2021. The ICF stresses both calendars are under constant review and further changes could be made, depending on the international health situation. The health and safety of everyone attending the events remains the highest priority […]
- Vale Keith Lyons May 18, 2020It is with great sadness that we pass on the news that the paddling community lost one of its great contributors last week. Keith Lyons died on the 13th of May. Keith was an educator and sport scientist and made a huge contribution to paddling as a Paddle Australia director (2009-2013) as well as a […]
- Joshua Lee May 17, 2020Name: Joshua Lee DOB: 13/08/03 National team: Senior Hometown: Lismore Current place of residence: Lismore Club: FNCCC (Far North Coast Canoe Club) How did you get into paddling? My Dad has been paddling for about 15 years prior to when I started. What has been your biggest accomplishment in the sport so far? 2019 WW junior team […]
- Update 6 – 15th May 2020 – Guidelines for Paddle Clubs May 15, 2020
- ICF launches virtual international 5k paddle challenge May 15, 2020The International Canoe Federation is hoping to encourage professional and recreational paddlers all over the world to take on a five kilometre virtual paddle challenge to not only stay active, but to raise money for the incredibly important work of Doctors Without Borders (MSF). The ICF will launch the weekly challenge on Friday, May 15 […]
Marine Incidents Reporting Site
This is a link to a newly established Marine Incidents reporting site. Get as many details as you can of the offending craft and vehicle, then log on ASAP.
Paddle Australia has issued a new document on safety guidelines for recreational paddlers. Please take time to read this very important document. It might just help to save a life, possibly your own.