Home of the Tingalpa Trot annual canoe race, the Wynnum Redlands Canoe Club is situated at 2 Railway Pde, Crn The Esplanade, Thorneside, on a beautiful stretch of sheltered waterway. Check the calendar for introductory paddling days and club trips. EVERYONE WELCOME…
- 2020 Queensland State Sprint Flatwater Championships Dec 20, 2019ENTRIES NOW OPEN The 2020 Queensland State Sprint Championships will be held on Saturday 11 January 2019 at Wyaralong Dam.EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION FEE (Until 31 December 2018) $75 for Open (inc U23, vets 35/45/55) $55 for Junior (U12-U18) and Vets 65+ $10 for Ocean Ski (1000m only) REGISTRATION FEE (1 January – 5 January): $95 […]
- 2020 Paddle Education Courses Dec 20, 2019Paddle Queensland’s 2019 Education Open for Booking Do you or anyone you know looking for Nationally Accredited paddling qualifications? Paddle Queensland offer a range of Leader Training and Assessment courses for people seeking professional certification in paddling environments. The Paddle Australia Qualification Scheme is the industry benchmark certification designed to meet the needs of the […]
- Upcoming School Holiday Programs Dec 12, 2019Upcoming School Holiday Programs January School holiday programs are now open for booking. All equipment and instruction is provided, perfect for beginners or those with experience. CHILLOUT A great opportunity to get the kids out paddling and exploring our waterways. Get a group of friends together or come on your own for three hours of […]
- 2020: A new era for Paddle QLD Nov 14, 2019Dear Paddle QLD Community, It is my pleasure to provide you with the following report on the technical committee structure for next year. The PQ Board, office staff and former committee members have been working hard to give these committee’s a new look, as well as trying to bring new paddlers / members onto the […]
- 2019 Paddle Queensland Award Winners Oct 30, 2019We had our Paddle Queensland Awards Night last month and are delighted to announce the winners. Included is a small excerpt from their nomination form detailing their suitability for the award. Congratulations to all of our winners! Paddler of the Year: Luke Chapman “Luke is a fit and athletic young man who has been […]
- Olympians and Australian Paddle Community Fundraise in Support of Bushfire Appeal Jan 13, 2020Olympian and firefighter Alyssa Bull, Paramedic Jo Brigden-Jones and Jessica Fox Call for Support of Athlete Commission Fundraiser for Australian Red Cross In the eye of Australia’s devastating bushfire situation, Paddle Australia’s Athlete Commission and the Australia Paddle Team have thrown their support behind a fundraiser for the Australian Red Cross Bushfire Disaster and Recovery […]
- Fox, Watkins and Delfour Take Home National Titles at Canoe Slalom Season Starter Jan 12, 2020Paddle Australia’s most successful canoe slalom paddler of all time and dual Olympic medallist, Jessica Fox, has kicked-off the 2020 Olympic season in style, blitzing the field at the 2020 Australian Canoe Slalom Championships and winning both the women’s K1 and C1. Tasmanian Daniel Watkins also impressed winning his third national title in a row […]
- Ready Set Tokyo: Paddlers Kick Off Tokyo 2020 Season on Home Waters Jan 9, 2020With just under 200 days until Tokyo 2020, Australia’s best Olympic and Paralympic class paddlers will kick off the Olympic and Paralympic Games season on home waters with several state and national championships and national selection trials on the calendar over the next couple of months. CANOE SLALOM Australia’s canoe slalom paddlers will be up […]
- STATEMENT: AUSTRALIAN BUSHFIRES AND AIR QUALITY Jan 6, 2020As certain areas of Australia are experiencing unprecedented levels of bushfire activity, Paddle Australia is monitoring the situation carefully in the lead up to numerous domestic competitions. Paddle Australia is specifically monitoring the air quality in areas where upcoming competitions will be held. The health and wellbeing of all of our members (athletes, staff, officials […]
- 2020 Paddle Australia Canoe Slalom Age Champs Jan 4, 2020The 2020 National Canoe Slalom Age Champs wrapped up on the Upper Mersey River in Tasmania today (Sunday, 5 January) with the National Club and Schools competition and with last year’s winner Ivanhoe Grammar once again taking out the National School’s trophy. Eltham High School and Casino High School finished in second and third place respectively. […]
Marine Incidents Reporting Site
This is a link to a newly established Marine Incidents reporting site. Get as many details as you can of the offending craft and vehicle, then log on ASAP.
Paddle Australia has issued a new document on safety guidelines for recreational paddlers. Please take time to read this very important document. It might just help to save a life, possibly your own.