Home of the Tingalpa Trot annual canoe race, the Wynnum Redlands Canoe Club is situated at 2 Railway Pde, Crn The Esplanade, Thorneside, on a beautiful stretch of sheltered waterway. Check the calendar for introductory paddling days and club trips. EVERYONE WELCOME…
- Upcoming School Holiday Programs Dec 12, 2019Upcoming School Holiday Programs January School holiday programs are now open for booking. All equipment and instruction is provided, perfect for beginners or those with experience. CHILLOUT A great opportunity to get the kids out paddling and exploring our waterways. Get a group of friends together or come on your own for three hours of […]
- 2020: A new era for Paddle QLD Nov 14, 2019Dear Paddle QLD Community, It is my pleasure to provide you with the following report on the technical committee structure for next year. The PQ Board, office staff and former committee members have been working hard to give these committee’s a new look, as well as trying to bring new paddlers / members onto the […]
- 2019 Paddle Queensland Award Winners Oct 30, 2019We had our Paddle Queensland Awards Night last month and are delighted to announce the winners. Included is a small excerpt from their nomination form detailing their suitability for the award. Congratulations to all of our winners! Paddler of the Year: Luke Chapman “Luke is a fit and athletic young man who has been […]
- Flatwater Guide and Instructor Training Oct 28, 2019FLATWATER GUIDE & INSTRUCTOR TRAINING Do you are anyone you know need accreditation / qualifications to lead groups on inland waters [rivers & lakes]? This is the Paddle Queensland pathway to prepare you for the Assessment to achieve your Paddle Australia qualification. What you will learn: ✔ safety briefings and trip equipment ✔ paddling skills and stroke […]
- 2019 Flatwater School Champs Wrap up Oct 25, 2019The Schools Flatwater Championships were held on Saturday 19th October 2019 at Coomera Lakes Regatta Centre . It was the first time we combined both Marathon and Sprint disciplines. This format created a full day of racing for paddlers and a fun atmosphere for spectators. We had 120 competitors from many schools in South-East QLD […]
- Curtis McGrath Celebrates Champion Season with Male Para-Athlete of the Year Award Dec 11, 2019Paddle Australia’s Paralympic champion and 10-time paracanoe world champion Curtis McGrath was one of the big winners at the star-studded 2019 Australian Institute of Sport Performance Awards (ASPAs) at Sydney’s Star Casino last night. Paddle Australia’s war veteran turned sporting star Curtis McGrath (QLD) capped off an outstanding season to be named Male Para-athlete of the Year. […]
- Fairfield Canoe Club: 100 Years in the Making Dec 11, 2019One of the oldest canoe clubs in Australia, Fairfield Canoe Club, celebrated 100 years of paddling on the River Yarra this year. Since 1919, FCC has witnessed the evolution of the river, the effects of the Depression, two World Wars, and the Melbourne Olympic Games, all of which have had an influence on the Club […]
- Laura White Makes the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics Official Dec 11, 2019Laura White will fulfil her childhood dream next year after being selected for the 2020 Tokyo Paralympic Games. However, unlike most Olympic dreams, White won’t be competing at the Games. Instead, she will be officiating. White began paddling at 10 years old, when she was put into a kayak by her dad with no seat […]
- Paralympians On Track For Tokyo 2020 Dec 10, 2019Paddle Australia’s best Olympic and Paralympic sprint paddlers came together at Adelaide’s West Lakes over the weekend for the first hit-out of season at the Canoe Sprint Grand Prix 1 (GP1). See Olympic class summary HERE. Exactly ninth months out from the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games, GP1 was a welcome opportunity for Paddle Australia’s paracanoeists to […]
- Fox, McGrath and Seipel Recognised in 2019 ASPAs Finalists Line-Up Dec 10, 20192018 ASPAs Female Athlete of the Year winner, 2019 Paddle Australia Paddler of the Year (Olympic) and canoe slalom goat Jessica Fox is once again a finalist in the 2019 Female Athlete of the Year category of the 2019 Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) Sport Performance Awards. Fox is a finalist amongst a stellar line-up of […]
Marine Incidents Reporting Site
This is a link to a newly established Marine Incidents reporting site. Get as many details as you can of the offending craft and vehicle, then log on ASAP.
Paddle Australia has issued a new document on safety guidelines for recreational paddlers. Please take time to read this very important document. It might just help to save a life, possibly your own.