Home of the Tingalpa Trot annual canoe race, the Wynnum Redlands Canoe Club is situated at 2 Railway Pde, Crn The Esplanade, Thorneside, on a beautiful stretch of sheltered waterway. Check the calendar for introductory paddling days and club trips. EVERYONE WELCOME…
- 2021 Queensland State Team Feb 16, 20212021 Queensland State Team Congratulations to the following athletes, who have qualified for the Queensland State Team: Canoe Sprint – Men Alan Mcvicar Antoine Caquelard Chris Parkinson Curtis McGrath Darcy Church David Bicknell Joe Wills Joshua Parkinson Llewellyn William Bassett Luka Stylianou Matthew Ramke-Meyer Peter Hopwood Pierrick Cartier Rhys Campbell Tom Messenger Thomas Kerkow-Hill Thomas […]
- 2021 PQ State Championships Jan 5, 20212021 State Championships – 6th & 7th of February, 2021 WOW! What an amazing weekend that was! The Paddle Queensland State Championships were a great Success. Congratulations to all athletes who competed, you showcased our sport brilliantly and we couldn’t not be more proud to be a State Body. A MASSIVE thank you to […]
- PQ Christmas Closure Dec 18, 20202020 PQ Christmas Closure The Paddle Queensland office will close from 4pm on Friday 18th December 2020 and will reopen on Monday 4th January 2021. The PQ Board and Staff would like to extend their warmest wishes to all Paddlers and their families during this festive season. We are looking forward to a busy […]
- 2021 Event Calendar Dec 14, 20202021 Event Calendar Please note: Specific event information will be released in the lead up to the event. 2020 Paddle Queensland Yearly Event Calendar Any questions please contact Eden on 0408 901 900 or email@example.com nt Calender
- 2020 Virtual Series Champions Dec 9, 2020Given the circumstances with COVID-19, Virtual Series was created to ensure our Paddlers continued to paddle! This was a great success and all athletes really seemed to enjoy it. Therefore, it will be back in 2021! 2020 10k & 5k Virtual Series Champions The Journeyman was awarded to the participants that showed great commitment and […]
- River Canoe Club’s Amazing Efforts in Trip Preparation, Water Safety and Community Wellbeing Feb 26, 2021By Andy Singh On Sunday 24 January 2021, six RCC members participated in a club paddle to loop Sydney Harbour from Rose Bay to Little Manly. The risk management plan highlighted the dangers of motor vessels on a January Sunday with good weather forecast and the rising wind in the afternoon. The trip commenced as […]
- Tasmanian Paddle Week 2021 Feb 25, 2021By Russell Horton Paddle Week 2021 was a buzz for me and the hundreds other kayakers and rafters who joined in. This was a whitewater extravaganza – Hydro Tasmania provided scheduled water releases on 4 rivers over 8 days, creating a beautiful whitewater kayaking holiday. We started off at the Upper Mersey Whitewater Course, a grade […]
- 2021 PA Canoe Sprint Championships Rescheduled Feb 16, 2021At their meeting on 13th February, the Board of Paddle Australia (PA) made the difficult decision to support a recommendation that the 2021 PA Canoe Sprint Championships, scheduled for 17 – 21 March 2021, should be postponed. The decision, taken consistent with the criteria published by PA in July 2020 and after input from the PA Canoe Sprint […]
- 2020/21 National Competition Update Feb 15, 2021Paddle Australia is continuously monitoring the COVID-19 situation around Australia and its impact on the remainder of our national competition calendar for this season. As can be appreciated, we are confronted with a very fluid situation. This means that numerous variations to the competition calendar have already been required, and further amendments may be necessary. […]
- Going to Extremes: New Paris 2024 Extreme Canoe Slalom to Debut at Penrith Whitewater Stadium Feb 15, 2021Three and half years out from the Paris 2024 Olympic Games, Paddle Australia is launching its Olympic Extreme Canoe Slalom campaign with the new Olympic canoeing event to premier at the Penrith Open Canoe Slalom Series which is set to kick off on the weekend. While the Tokyo 2020+1 Australian Olympic canoe slalom team of Jessica […]
Marine Incidents Reporting Site
This is a link to a newly established Marine Incidents reporting site. Get as many details as you can of the offending craft and vehicle, then log on ASAP.
Paddle Australia has issued a new document on safety guidelines for recreational paddlers. Please take time to read this very important document. It might just help to save a life, possibly your own.