Home of the Tingalpa Trot annual canoe race, the Wynnum Redlands Canoe Club is situated at 2 Railway Pde, Crn The Esplanade, Thorneside, on a beautiful stretch of sheltered waterway. Check the calendar for introductory paddling days and club trips. EVERYONE WELCOME…
- Welcome to the Pacific Coast 10K Paddle Series Aug 1, 2020The Series has been developed to support our Paddle Clubs, their members and the wider paddle sports community return to organised competition in these challenging times. The 10K Series will include three races during August, September and October 2020. Race Fees: PA/PQ Member Rates: Senior: $25, Junior $15 Non-Member Rates: Senior: $45, Junior $25 Race 1: Sunday August […]
- Notice of Annual General Meeting Jul 27, 2020Hello Paddle Queensland Members, It is my pleasure to invite you to the 2020 Annual General Meeting. Due to COVID-19 restrictions only 20 participants are able to attend at Sports House. If you wish to attend in person please RSVP at your earliest convenience. Places will be allocated once received. Members will also be able […]
- Approved Aquatic Sport Sector Industry COVID Safe Plan Jun 15, 2020The QSport Aquatic Sports group representing all relevant water sports worked together to facilitate a viable reopening and resumption of aquatic sports across Queensland. Based on the collaboration of the group with input from QSport staff, Queensland Government Sport and Recreation staff and representatives from other aquatic industry groups and stakeholders secured the following: Relaxation […]
- Stage 2 : Return to Play Summary (1st June) May 26, 2020Paddle Queensland, the board of management and technical committees are developing Return to Play strategies in preparation for Stage 3, where normal community sport operation will resume following the most recent advice from the Queensland Government. In preparation for Stages 2 and 3, Paddle Queensland has reviewed and summarised the Restrictions for Sport, Recreation, and […]
- Introducing the Paddle Support Package from Paddle Australia and your State Paddle Association May 13, 2020PADDLERS AND CLUBS TO BENEFIT FROM SUPPORT PACKAGE Paddle Australia and their six State Paddle Associations have worked together to introduce a Paddle Support Package aimed at helping Clubs and Members during the COVID-19 crisis. Launched under the new ‘Paddle Australia – With You On The Water’ branding, the package includes four key elements to […]
- ICF launches new virtual paddle challenge Aug 6, 2020The International Canoe Federation has announced it is launching a new virtual paddle challenge which will cater for paddlers from beginner level through to the elite, following the success of its 5k competition last month. The ICF will have three new partners for the challenge – charity partner Peace and Sport, international canoe and kayak […]
- Job Vacancies Performance – Australian Paddle Team Aug 6, 2020Join our Paddle Australia high performance program with some exciting job opportunities available to work within our highly successful Olympic and Paralympic teams. We currently have the following 3 roles advertised on Sportspeople: https://www.sportspeople.com.au/jobs/sport/canoeing-jobs 1. Performance Support Manager: Position Description – Performance Support Manager Or click here for Performance Support Manager Position on Sportspeople. Closes: 28 […]
- Canoe Sprint Team Optimistic One Year Out from Tokyo 2020+1 Olympic Games Aug 5, 2020This week the Tokyo 2020 Olympic canoe sprint competition was scheduled to take place, but following the postponement of the Games due to the coronavirus pandemic, Paddle Australia’s Olympic canoe sprint paddlers will have to wait another year to line up at the start line at Tokyo’s Sea Forest Waterway. The fourteen canoe sprint athletes […]
- 2020/21 National Competition Calendar Update Jul 29, 2020In conjunction with the various Discipline Technical Committees (DTCs), Paddle Australia has been working to progress the calendar for National Level Competitions for the 2020/21 season. There is no doubt that these are challenging times for organising competitive sport and PA is extremely grateful for those who continue to dedicate their time to finding competition […]
- Canoe Slalom Team Paddlers Stay Focussed with One Year to Go to Tokyo Jul 29, 2020Paddle Australia’s Olympic canoe slalom paddlers were supposed to be at the Tokyo 2020 start line this week for the Olympic canoe slalom competition, which was originally scheduled to take place from 26 – 31 July 2020. But with the postponement of the Games by a full year back due to the coronavirus pandemic, Jessica Fox (NSW), Daniel […]
Marine Incidents Reporting Site
This is a link to a newly established Marine Incidents reporting site. Get as many details as you can of the offending craft and vehicle, then log on ASAP.
Paddle Australia has issued a new document on safety guidelines for recreational paddlers. Please take time to read this very important document. It might just help to save a life, possibly your own.