Home of the Tingalpa Trot annual canoe race, the Wynnum Redlands Canoe Club is situated at 2 Railway Pde, Crn The Esplanade, Thorneside, on a beautiful stretch of sheltered waterway. Check the calendar for introductory paddling days and club trips. EVERYONE WELCOME…
- Entries now open for the PA 2022 Canoe Marathon Championships. Mar 17, 2022On behalf of Paddle Australia (PA), the PA Canoe Marathon Technical Committee, and the entire paddling community, we are delighted to welcome you to the PA 2022 Canoe Marathon Championships proudly supported by Major Events Gold Coast. Click here to download the event booklet. Not a Member? Click here to Signup! If your event is […]
- PA Canoe Sprint + Paracanoe Teams for 2022 Mar 4, 2022Paddle Australia (PA) has announced the athletes who have been selected to the Senior, Paracanoe and U23 National teams for 2022. Following selection at the 2022 PA Canoe Sprint Grand Prix 2 earlier this month, PA has selected a 10-strong Senior National team, with an additional 10 athletes to the U23 World Championship team, and […]
- State Championships Postponed Feb 28, 2022Dear Paddlers, I hope you are doing well during the current times. While the worst of the weather seems to be behind us, the ongoing effects to the community are still likely to be felt over the next month. We are aware some of our member clubs have been heavily impacted during the weekends events and […]
- Are you the next QAS Sprint Kayak Head Coach? Feb 28, 2022Paddle Australia, in conjunction with the Queensland Academy of Sport (QAS), is seeking a Sprint Kayak Head Coach. The role of the Head Coach will be to provide effective coaching, technical leadership and a quality performance environment to identified sprint kayak athletes within Queensland (QLD) and to develop talented sprint kayak athletes who demonstrate the […]
- You for 2032! Feb 17, 2022The Queensland Academy of Sport’s You for 2032 program is Australia’s largest athlete talent identification program. You for 2032 is a quest to find and develop athletes to win on the world stage at the 2032 Brisbane Olympic and Paralympic Games. About the program The program aims to identify aspiring athletes aged 13 to 23 […]
- Aussie Michael Booth claims third title at prestigious SUP Carolina Cup May 10, 2022Australian Stand-Up Paddleboarding (SUP) powerhouse Michael Booth made it three in a row last week when he won the 2022 edition of the gruelling 21.2-km (13.2-mile) Carolina Cup Graveyard Race, after taking the title in his last two appearances in 2018 and 2019. One of the most prestigious and longest standing events in the sport, […]
- PADDLE AUSTRALIA ANNOUNCES JUNIOR AND U23 CANOE SLALOM TEAMS FOR 2022 May 6, 2022Paddle Australia (PA) is pleased to announce the athletes who have been selected to the Junior and U23 Canoe Slalom National teams for 2022. Following selection at the 2022 ICF Oceania Canoe Slalom Championships and 2022 PA Canoe Slalom Australian Open earlier this, PA is pleased to present the teams which will contest the Junior/U23 […]
- Brisbane 2032 Olympic Canoe Slalom venue to form part of Redlands Coast legacy for local community May 4, 2022Redland City Mayor Karen Williams announced the Redlands Coast 2032 Legacy Working Group at a breakfast this morning attended by more than 100 people, which included Olympic Champion Canoeist Jess Fox OAM. It comes during the same week that the Draft Birkdale Community Precinct (BCP) Master Plan was unveiled, which outlines an exciting concept for […]
- Paddle Australia announces six new Discipline Technical Committees and two Discipline Technical Leads ahead of National Paddling Forum May 4, 2022Paddle Australia (PA) is pleased to announce the composition of the newly constituted Discipline Technical Committees (DTCs) ahead of the National Paddling Forum to be held on the Gold Coast on 6-7 May, 2022. Following an extensive review of the terms of reference, new DTCs have been established for the disciplines of Canoe Sprint, Canoe […]
- Helen Brownlee steps down from AOC Executive role May 3, 2022Paddle Australia and Sport Australia of Famer Helen Brownlee AM has stepped down from her role as Vice President of the Australian Olympic Committee, following the AOC Annual General Meeting held last Saturday in Sydney. Brownlee had served as Vice President since 2013 and was the first woman ever to be elected to the Executive […]
Marine Incidents Reporting Site
This is a link to a newly established Marine Incidents reporting site. Get as many details as you can of the offending craft and vehicle, then log on ASAP.
Paddle Australia has issued a new document on safety guidelines for recreational paddlers. Please take time to read this very important document. It might just help to save a life, possibly your own.