Home of the Tingalpa Trot annual canoe race, the Wynnum Redlands Canoe Club is situated at 2 Railway Pde, Crn The Esplanade, Thorneside, on a beautiful stretch of sheltered waterway. Check the calendar for introductory paddling days and club trips. EVERYONE WELCOME…
- 2021 Pacific Coast Marathon Series May 4, 2021WELCOME TO THE PACIFIC COAST MARATHON SERIES The Pacific Coast Marathon Series consists of five (5) marathon races hosted by Paddle Queensland Member Clubs across South East Queensland. The Currumbin Creek Paddlers Club will host Race 1 with the Sandgate Paddling Club hosting Race 2. Brisbane Paddlers Club will host Race 3, Wynnum Redlands Canoe […]
- Kenny Wallace Deputy Chef de Mission for Tokyo Olympic Games Mar 30, 2021AOC WELCOMES KEN WALLACE TO TOKYO GAMES LEADERSHIP ROLE The Australian Olympic Committee (AOC) has announced a change in the leadership team for the Australian Olympic Team for the Tokyo 2020 Games in July this year. Rio Olympic rowing gold medallist Kim Brennan AM, is stepping down from her role as Deputy Chef de Mission […]
- 2021 Pacific Coast Virtual Series Mar 2, 2021WELCOME TO THE PACIFIC COAST VIRTUAL SERIES The Series was developed to support our Paddle Clubs, their members and the wider paddle sports community through the challenging times of COVID-19. This program was a great success and by popular demand, is back for 2021 and will continue in future years. The Pacific Coast Virtual Series […]
- 2021 Queensland State Team Feb 16, 20212021 Queensland State Team Congratulations to the following athletes, who have qualified for the Queensland State Team: Canoe Sprint – Men Alan Mcvicar Antoine Caquelard Chris Parkinson Curtis McGrath Darcy Church David Bicknell Joe Wills Joshua Parkinson Llewellyn William Bassett Luka Stylianou Matthew Ramke-Meyer Peter Hopwood Pierrick Cartier Rhys Campbell Tom Messenger Thomas Kerkow-Hill Thomas […]
- 2021 PQ State Championships Jan 5, 20212021 State Championships – 6th & 7th of February, 2021 WOW! What an amazing weekend that was! The Paddle Queensland State Championships were a great Success. Congratulations to all athletes who competed, you showcased our sport brilliantly and we couldn’t not be more proud to be a State Body. A MASSIVE thank you to […]
- 2021 PA Canoe Sprint Championships – Newsletter 6 May 3, 2021NEWSLETTER 6 30 April 2021 Dear Canoe Sprint Community, Last week Paddle Australia (PA) announced the 2021 Canoe Sprint Championships (Sprint Championships) will now be held at West Lakes, Adelaide SA. The reasons behind the difficult decision to move from Sydney to Adelaide are outlined in Newsletter 5 published on Monday 26 April. To view […]
- South Australia’s Myponga Reservoir has opened up to Paddlers! Apr 30, 2021Paddle SA was engaged by SA Water as the Event Manager for the recent opening of the Myponga Reservoir to on water activities. Photo courtesy of Peter Brunnbaeur @PeterFranzPhotography A huge crowd was in attendance to witness SA Premier Steven Marshall and the Minister for the Environment and Water David Speirs ‘cut the ribbon’ on […]
- Top 10 Small Ways to Reduce Plastic in our Waterways Apr 29, 2021As paddlers, we all understand the problems caused by plastics and other litter in our waterways. Although it seems like an enormous problem to solve, there are lots of things you can do at home and in your local area that will help. Here are some super easy ways to start reducing the plastic waste […]
- Press Release – Adelaide Confirmed as New Location for 2021 Canoe Sprint Championships Apr 26, 2021Adelaide confirmed as new location for Australian Canoe Sprint Championships Paddle Australia is pleased to announce West Lakes in Adelaide, South Australia (SA) as the new venue for the 2021 Paddle Australia Canoe Sprint Championships from 19-23 May. This decision follows Thursday’s announcement (click HERE) of the algae outbreak and poor water quality that are affecting the Sydney International […]
- 2021 PA Canoe Sprint Championships – Newsletter 5 Apr 26, 2021NEWSLETTER 5 26 April 2021 Dear Canoe Sprint Community, Last Thursday, 22 April we advised there had been some significant water quality issues at the Sydney International Regatta Centre (SIRC) in Penrith NSW caused by toxic algae from the recent floods. SIRC was the venue scheduled to host the 2021 Paddle Australia (PA) Canoe Sprint […]
Marine Incidents Reporting Site
This is a link to a newly established Marine Incidents reporting site. Get as many details as you can of the offending craft and vehicle, then log on ASAP.
Paddle Australia has issued a new document on safety guidelines for recreational paddlers. Please take time to read this very important document. It might just help to save a life, possibly your own.