Home of the Tingalpa Trot annual canoe race, the Wynnum Redlands Canoe Club is situated at 2 Railway Pde, Crn The Esplanade, Thorneside, on a beautiful stretch of sheltered waterway. Check the calendar for introductory paddling days and club trips. EVERYONE WELCOME…
- Volunteers Sep 23, 2022The Paddle Queensland State Championships for Marathon, SUP distance, Ocean Racing, Sprint SUP Sprint and SUP technical are all coming up in the next couple of months. The delivery of the Championships relies on the generous time of volunteers. Paddle Queensland is encouraging supporters of the upcoming events to get … Volunteers Read More » […]
- Currumbin Capers Sep 8, 2022PCMS Race 5 and APSU PCSS Race 3 Currumbin Capers coming up on the 25th of September will be the final races of the 2022 PCMS and APSU PCSS. Entries are open and all Marathon and SUP paddlers are encouraged to enter this wonderful event on Currumbin Creek. Many paddlers … Currumbin Capers Read More […]
- 2022 Queensland Endurance Championships Sep 8, 2022Surf Life Saving Queensland are inviting non-members to enter the 2022 Queensland Endurance Championships. This is a fantastic opportunity for Paddle Queensland members who paddle a spec ski or ocean ski to enjoy another ocean race off Tugun on September 17th. Click here for the event website. The post 2022 Queensland Endurance Championships first appeared […]
- Maroochy River Paddle Sep 8, 2022On the 21st of August, Sunshine Coast Paddlesports Club successfully hosted the Maroochy River Paddle. Approximately 140 paddlers representing 15 clubs met at Dunethin Rock Lagoon for the start of the race to Eudlo Creek, Maroochydore. Craft varied from recreation to skis, double skis, kayaks, V1’s, OC1’s and OC6’s and … Maroochy River Paddle Read […]
- Canoe Polo Winter Challenge Sep 8, 2022Three rounds of the Canoe Polo Winter Challenge now completed with the next round on Friday the 9th of September and the final round on Sunday the 25th of September.Current leaders of the combined teams is the Orcas followed by Seals and Turtles. Dugongs have the lead over the Dolphins … Canoe Polo Winter Challenge […]
- Rayward Awarded Sport Australia Hall of Fame Scholarship Sep 20, 2022The Sport Australia Hall of Fame (SAHOF) today announced the remaining 16 scholarships for up-and-coming elite athletes in its 2023 Scholarship and Mentoring Program Junior paddler Jasmine Rayward has been named as one of the 16 recipients of the Tier 3 Scholarship, with each athlete receiving a grant of $2,500 plus support from SAHOF and […]
- CHAIR AND VICE CHAIR OF SAFETY ADVISORY GROUP CONFIRMED Sep 14, 2022Paddle Australia (PA) is pleased to announce the Chair and Vice Chair of the recently formed Safety Advisory Group (SAG). The SAG has been established to provide advice and support to the CEO and Managers of PA regarding safety issues relevant to the paddling community. Composed of seven members all with varying roles and experience, […]
- DOUBLE GOLD GLORY FOR BOOTH AT SUP WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS Sep 13, 2022Australian Michael Booth has claimed two world titles at the 2022 Stand Up Paddling World Championships in Portugal. The Aussie took out the Long Distance World champion title on Saturday, before going on to claim a second gold medal in the Inflatable event on Sunday. “It means a lot, I’ve had so many interviews and […]
- ELITE SCHOLARSHIPS PUT 10 MORE ATHLETES ON PATH TO GREATNESS Sep 13, 2022Junior Australian Canoe Sprint team member Claudia Bailey has today been named as one of 10 new recipients of a Tier 2 scholarship in the Sport Australia Hall of Fame (SAHOF) Scholarship and Mentoring Program. The 10 athletes, including Bailey, will each receive a grant of $5000 plus support from SAHOF and its esteemed member […]
- Aussie Booth Wins SUP ICF World Title Sep 9, 2022Australia’s Michael Booth has won back the world title he lost last year in tough conditions at the Stand Up Paddling World Championships in Gdynia, Poland, on Friday. Twice officials had to postpone the race start because of strong winds and rough ocean conditions, but when racing finally got underway in the long distance events […]
Marine Incidents Reporting Site
This is a link to a newly established Marine Incidents reporting site. Get as many details as you can of the offending craft and vehicle, then log on ASAP.
Paddle Australia has issued a new document on safety guidelines for recreational paddlers. Please take time to read this very important document. It might just help to save a life, possibly your own.