Home of the Tingalpa Trot annual canoe race, the Wynnum Redlands Canoe Club is situated at 2 Railway Pde, Crn The Esplanade, Thorneside, on a beautiful stretch of sheltered waterway. Check the calendar for introductory paddling days and club trips. EVERYONE WELCOME…
- 2020 PQ Paddle Fest Nov 11, 2020Welcome to the Gold Coast PaddleFest 5th & 6th of December, 2020 Our aim at Paddle Queensland is to get more people paddling, more of the time. Does not matter what type of Paddle Sport, we support it. We work alongside Paddle clubs throughout Queensland, to bring both fun and competitive events to the […]
- 2020 Paddle Queensland Ocean Racing Champs Oct 21, 2020Congratulations to all athletes who participated in the 2020 Ocean Race! Results were published live through Webscorer on the day which you can find below. As well as the results as per age and craft. Overall Results – as per Age & Craft Webscorer Live Results Here are some pictures of what turned out to […]
- 2020 Paddle Queensland Award Recipients Oct 20, 2020Each year Paddle Queensland holds its awards program to recognise individuals and clubs that have made a significant contribution to the development of paddle sports in Queensland. As 2020 has been a very challenging year, it is my pleasure to announce the recipients of the Paddle Queensland Annual Awards for 2020. Paddle Queensland would like […]
- Round 6 Times – Pacific Coast Paddle Series Oct 17, 2020The Paddle Queensland Pacific Coast Virtual Series was developed to support our community and ensure exercise and participation in paddling continues to play an integral part of maintaining physical and mental health. The Round 6 times are below: Name Gender Age Series Club Craft Time Peter Hopwood Male 33 10k Brisbane Canoeing Club K1 0:46:48 […]
- Pacific Coast 10K Paddle Series – Round 1 Times & Round 3 Details Sep 16, 2020The Pacific Coast 10K Paddle Series has been developed to support our Paddle Clubs, their members and the wider paddle sports community return to organised competition in these challenging times. Round 1 was held on Sunday August 9 by the Sunshine Coast Paddlesports Club. Name Gender Age Club Craft Time Andrew Bavage Male 42 Sandgate […]
- Paddle Australia Launches Commercial Provider Membership Nov 26, 2020Paddle Australia (PA) and the six State Paddle Associations (SPAs) are excited to launch a new membership offering, the Commercial Provider Membership (CPM), to further support and grow paddling within the community. Commercial Provider Membership provides PA qualified Instructors, Guides and Coaches a great opportunity to benefit from the support of the national sporting organisation, […]
- National Level Competitions Update Nov 25, 2020The month of November has seen some encouraging changes in the COVID-19 situation around Australia. Some travel restrictions are being eased and some limitations on public gatherings are also being re-calibrated, as State Governments adjust to reduced numbers of confirmed COVID-19 cases. In that context, Paddle Australia would like to provide a further update on […]
- How the Paddle On Foundation Helped Jools After Lockdown Nov 25, 2020In a recent edition of Paddle Pulse, we shared a report about the numerous donations received to the Paddle On Foundation which has helped to support 53 paddlers with their memberships so they can continue paddling. However, beyond just the statistics, we also wanted to share personal insight into the inspiring and heart-warming impact of […]
- Update on 2021 Paddle Australia Canoe Slalom Championships Nov 20, 2020The Paddle Australia Canoe Slalom Technical Committee (PACSLTC) met on 9 November 2020 to discuss the 2021 Paddle Australia Canoe Slalom Age Championships and the 2021 Paddle Australia Canoe Slalom Championships scheduled for January 2021. The primary focus of this meeting was to determine whether these two competitions should proceed given the challenges brought in […]
- Canoe Slalom Paddlers Get Back into Racing at NSW State Champs Nov 18, 2020It has been a long time without racing for Australia’s whitewater paddlers, but last weekend (Sunday, 15 November) Paddle Australia’s NSW canoe slalom paddlers and those based at Penrith Whitewater Stadium got in their first official race of the 2020/21 summer season. Dual Olympian Lucien Delfour, who is set to represent Australia at his second Games […]
Marine Incidents Reporting Site
This is a link to a newly established Marine Incidents reporting site. Get as many details as you can of the offending craft and vehicle, then log on ASAP.
Paddle Australia has issued a new document on safety guidelines for recreational paddlers. Please take time to read this very important document. It might just help to save a life, possibly your own.